Why is my website not sending out emails?
Some websites have features whereby an email is sent from them, e.g. via a contact form, an order, a review / testimonial. If you are not receiving such emails from your website here's what to do first:
- Log in to the administrator back end of your website
- For e-commerce sites, check that there are recent orders that you have not received notification of.
- Most website contact forms store enquires in the database as well as sending out an email. For Joomla based websites go to Components->Fox Contact (or which ever component is used for the contact form) to view Enquiries Received. Are there some for which you have not received an email?
- Testimonial & Review features work in a similar way, e.g. Components->Freestyle Testimonials->Moderation or Components->RSMonials->Testimonials Are there some for which you have not received an email?
- Check that the emails have not gone straight into your Junk / Spam folder
- If the above actions confirm that there are emails you should have received, please open a support ticket and SiteE@se will investigate further. An update to our security system in late 2017 prevents emails being sent from an address that differs from the one on the domain the website uses. Some software may require an update to ensure that your site complies with this requirement.